EpicFail Scape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EpicFail Scape

The forums for the EpicFail server :o

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Epic is back. Download the New Client. Now.

Making economy happen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bank Roll

Bank Roll

Rep : 0

Making economy happen Empty
PostSubject: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm

If you want an economy in the server to establish iteself quickly, when there are more people, try taking some very valuable items out of the shops, that can be found in or throughout the game. It will make people buy things form other people thus economy shows itself Smile
Back to top Go down
xtc d

xtc d

PostSubject: listen to him!   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 pm

im fully 100% behind Bank Roll's idea if ppl gonna buy "rare's" from eachother the economy would be much and much better. bounce
Back to top Go down
Bank Roll

Bank Roll

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you I know that it will work but we still need the client to start working and for more people to join.

~Bank Roll
~Ace Of Spade ~Ace Of Clubs
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

The economy won't happen that easily.

First, we need to decrease the drop rate percentages of all items expected to become 'rares' or 'valuables.
Then, we need to remove them from the shops.

However, most importantly is that we need to reduce the rate that the user earns cash, and this server has so many highly efficient money making schemes that it will take quite a bit of time.

Unfortunately, if we do all of this, the server will lose the most attractive key feature it has. A lot of people like this genre of server as it is easy and fun, just like how people made RuneScape Private Servers in the old days.
To combat this issue, we can't remove and restrict too many items; therefore much of the simpleness of the game must remain.
We have to fix up a solution that will pretty much have a 'Happy Medium' effect with all of the players - in order to make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail
Owner
Owner
Epic Fail

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:00 pm

I have already brought the economy as stable as I can for now. As I am new to coding, it will take a quite of bit of time for me to become good. So, if you wait and be patient with me, I will try to learn how to do so. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Another suggestion, to help you along, is to remove ALL staff benefits that spawn Armor.

I am not accusing any staff of doing this, but it isn't uncommon for staff members of any server to give players freebies. Not only that, but staff members are the most important catalyst for creating a stable economy for EVERY server. So denying staff members access to spawning commands is what the server needs for a good healthy beginning of a stable economy.

I have worked on this exact source in my past, so I know what work it needs to become great.
I was a co-owner - I was the brains of the server, while my online friend scripted the source. I also raked in the cash, as I designed and coded the website and webclient as well as the donation system my site had. It was popular with over 40,000 users, and 100 players online at any one time. We had to expand the source, considering how many players made use of the areas.

So please trust my judgement. I may seem like the noob with 5 posts, but I am experienced with Private Servers and have some education on all that business nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Bank Roll

Bank Roll

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:37 pm

All of this sounds incredibly complicated Sharp, and Epic I think that the actual dedicated people who play the server will wait for you to be good at coding.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:50 pm

What I said was far from complex.

Pretty much what I said was:-
  • Reduce the cash income for players,
    Remove all staff spawning commands,
    Remove most of the items from shops,
    Reduce the price received from High Alching,
    Stimulate the market by having a ::Pricelist command with predesigned prices,
    Encourage players to follow the guide.

Then give it some water, sunlight, then watch it grow slowly, yet steadily. Then when you find that there is roughly 50-75 players online at any one time, there will be an ever changing -yet healthy- market of goods being sold daily.
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail
Owner
Owner
Epic Fail

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 pm

I have already taken out many items from the shops. I am probably going to take a couple more out later. I have also reduced the prices of alching items. Many problems have been changed with this source, but I get what you are saying. There is still a lot more to be done and I will be working on that. As I have school to focus on, the server and forums are a secondary thing for the moment. When summer time comes, however, I will start more work on the server, and (hopefully) learn how to code even better. Also, in the summer, I will most likely reset the server (once again) to balance the economy out.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Good job!
It's nice to see a dedicated server owner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making economy happen   Making economy happen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making economy happen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EpicFail Scape :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: